Saturday, February 24, 2024

Prepping for paint and interior updates

 I test fitted the new Voltex swan neck wing on my spare trunk lid so now that can go off for paint. While I'm at it, I decided to go ahead and repaint the rear bumper which had gotten some bad flaking towards the end of last year along with the over fenders that took a serious beating as well. 

Bumper and trunk lid removed
Overfenders removed

While I'm getting this done, I've been wanting to get the interior reupholstered with the same yellow/black houndstooth cloth I used for the seats in my Cayman. I took out the seat cushions and door panels so I could drop those off with my upholstery guy.

Door panels and cushions out

While I was doing this I figured I'd also get my oil change done, inspect the catch can lines, replace the oil pressure sender and the PCV valve. The last one I think might be the cause of the oil spray I was seeing on my windshield last year as it was gummed up and maybe stuck open spraying oil into my catch can.

New oil pressure sender

Gummed up PCV valve

I also wanted to address the water getting into the trunk last year. That was from oil getting into the trunk vent that goes to the bumper. The seals around it had worn over the years so I used a bunch of RTV to seal it up instead.

Vent removed and old gasket cleaned off

Reinstalled with a lot of RTV

Maintenance update:

Mileage: 65,127

- 5.5 quarts Amsoil 10W-30
- 1 new Honda oil filter (15400-PCX-306)
- New OEM PCV and washer
- New AEM oil pressure sender
- Trunk vent resealed