Friday, December 8, 2023

Interior Mods and Lights

One of the cosmetic things that I felt detracted from the look of the interior of the 944 was the aftermarket Sony head unit from 2011. While it was certainly nice to have bluetooth on the drive home, I wanted something with a more period correct look but with modern features. I ended up getting a Blaupunkt Frankfurt RCM 82 DAB radio with the Metra wire harness and it makes such a difference.

Blaupunk Frankfurt
Old Sony Headunit

Metra wiring harness soldered and heat shrink wrapped

I also replaced the steering wheel. It already had a suede Momo steering wheel but I preferred the Momo Prototipo heritage edition with distressed leather. I think it looks better and is easier to clean.

Momo Prototipo Heritage

I also wanted to fix the external lighting. The upgraded H4 headlights are better but I wanted something a bit brighter so I got the LED conversion kit from Only944.com along with amber LED foglights.

LED headlights and amber LED fog lights

On the drive back I realized how old the wipers must've been because it kept on skipping so I got some fresh Bosch Microedge 19" wipers all around.

New wipers - Bosch MicroEDGE 40719A