Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Pre-Season Track Prep

I've got my first track day of the season scheduled with S2K Takeover in less than two weeks so I wanted to make sure my brake fluid was nice and fresh. Brad turned me onto using this brake bleeder bottle with a built in check valve that makes single person brake bleeds possible. It worked fantastically well. I could just crack the bleeder open and pump away, making sure my reservoir never emptied of course. You can pick it up Amazon, it's the Allstar Performance ALL11017 Bleeder Bottle with Magnet and Check Valve.

Brake bleeder bottle with check valve

Keeping reservoir topped off with Motul RBF660

I already had the car up on the Quickjacks for a few weeks now to prepare for this so the actual process of flushing took maybe an hour taking my time to make sure I didn't mess up and introduce air into the system. I also put on my MF10s again with the summer tires so we're ready to go.

Back on the ground ready for action

Maintenance Update

Mileage: 62,358

- Brake Flush - 2 x 500ml of Motul RBF660