Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Arturito - 2019 Mini Cooper S Iconic

My wife and I have been talking about Minis since last year. Her Jeep is definitely her style but I've wanted her to also know what it feels like to drive a nice handling car. Problem is she doesn't drive stick and, well, all my cars are manual. It couldn't be just a plain old boring car. We both like cute little cars with character so a couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon an Electric Blue 2019 Mini Cooper S in Iconic trim with the automatic transmission at Jack Daniel's Porsche. Spoke with Marc, a fellow NEDC member, who works in sales there and got the deal done.

Electric Blue 2019 Mini Cooper S Iconic - Arturito - 2/8/2023

It was very well optioned and being offered for sale at a reasonable (i.e. not inflated) price and with just 65,476 miles, fit our needs precisely. This will likely replace my GTi as our "daily" since the number of cars we have is getting out of hand and more importantly, there's a lot of overlap between the two. 

Not a Porsche

There was a minor crack at the top of the windshield so part of the deal was this was to be replaced and it was.

New windshield

The driver side fog light also wasn't operating. This turned out to be a corroded connector and they replaced that too.

Driver side foglight working again

They also cleaned the car up nicely and got rid of the scuffs on the wheels. That was nice of them but we all know these wheels are getting replaced anyway. They took care of the registration for me which I only cared about getting done right away so I could order the custom plates for it. 

Sweet interior

It's a fun car to drive. Certainly nowhere near as fast as my MK7 GTi and I'm semi-sad it's an automatic even if it has the flappy paddles but if this makes my car enjoy driving more then it's a big in in my book. My wife chose the name Arturito which comes from how Spanish people call R2-D2 (we're clearly big Star Wars fans as the Jeep is is also named after a droid, C1-10P, aka Chopper). 

Arurito - R2-D2