Saturday, March 13, 2021

2021 Pre-Season Prep

We're finally getting decent weather again and with less than 9 days left before the first track day of the season (NJMP with S2K Takeover), it was time to take Bumblestook out of hibernation. It's been a snowy winter so it's now been 3 full months since I last took her out. First order of business was to get the oil changed. 

Oil change - 3/13/2020

I also got to use the new baby blue colored oil filter Honda started making for the S2000 (15400-PCX-306). They went to the older style design and they're now made by Mahle. Next was to just do a general inspection of the car. The brakes are a bit on the low side but they'll be ok for one track day. I'll definitely have to replace them after this track event. I have the brake pads and rotors already. I just need time to get it done. 

First drive of 2021

I then took of the RPF1s and the winter setup and put on the MF10s and Advan A052s again and took her for a spin. It always amazes me how incredible this car is. Nothing quite as satisfying as a high revving NA engine. She's also looking mighty fine in all that sun. 

Maintenance Updates:

Mileage: 59,001

- Amsoil Signature Series 10W-30  - 6qt