Saturday, September 14, 2019

Changing Air Filters

Since there was so much concrete dust around paddock during SCCA Nationals, I decided it would be a smart move to replace the air cabin filter and air intake filter. I probably didn't really need to do but it was good precaution.

Ne cabin air filter (in box), old filter shown - 9-14-2019
Changing the air filter should be pretty easy, it's just in a weird spot in the Cayman. Removing the access panel and the air filter cover is the easy part, the most annoying part is trying to squeeze the old filter out. I "upgraded" to an aFE filter last year when I bought the car and put a new one in today but sometimes I almost feel I should've kept the OEM paper filter as these aftermarket filters, while they do flow a bit more air, are a bit more tricky to get in and out of the tight air box.

Engine exposed to replace air filter - 9-14-2019
old filter (left), new filter (right) - 9-14-2019
The old filter was definitely quite dirty for being in there for only around 6k miles so I was glad to put the new one in.

New filter in place - 9-17-2019
Maintenance Updates:

Mileage: 39,414
- New air cabin filter
- New air intake filter