Saturday, November 17, 2018

Winter Prep

A few weeks ago I switched over to my winter wheel and tire setup (Enkei RPF1s with Continental DWS tires). I don't really plan on driving Bumblestook over the winter but I wanted to get off the Mugen MF10s so I could properly clean and store them so the RE71s wouldn't flat spot. I took the wheels to a nearby self-service car wash, sprayed them down with Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner, and gave them a nice long rinse to get all the brake dust off so they wouldn't cake over and put them away in my storage.

Cleaning Mugen MF10s - 11-17-2018
I was supposed to take my car to the dyno and for a final car wash this week but the premature winter storm we got on Thursday night pretty much killed that idea. The temps are back to normal but unfortunately, there's plenty of salt on the roads now and it's simply not worth taking her out anymore. I decided it was time to put her away for the winter so I cleaned her as best I could in the garage which was easy since she was washed by the body shop after the recent repairs so the only real issues were the few water spots on the paint. 

Science of Speed car cover - 11-17-2018
I finally got to put on the Science of Speed form fitting car cover in yellow that I ordered several months ago. It fits perfectly on the car even with the CR lip, Mugen wing, and the wide body. It's snug but not overly tight and fully covers the car all the way to the ground if I want. I also took the battery out of since I don't have a battery tender (no power in the garage) and I'm thinking about going with a bigger battery next year anyway since I'm getting sick of worrying about keeping a small battery charged enough to start the car a few times a month. 

Science of Speed car cover - 11-17-2018
Science of Speed car cover - 11-17-2018
Sad to think that I won't be driving her until March at the earliest but I'm happy for all the things we were able to accomplish this year. Looking forward to more fun next year but for now, the winter slumber begins.