Sunday, April 29, 2018

Final event before "Summer Break"

It's only my second event of the season and well it's already the last event before what I'll call "summer break". I'm missing the NJ ProSolo next weekend because of work obligations and there aren't really any events I want to go to locally until maybe mid-June so going to focus on other things and finish up Bumblestook.

NNJR SCCA Autox - 4-29-2018
The day didn't start off too well. I went to get Lupa and found she had a flat passenger rear tire. I was about to call the day quits but Rad convinced me to go jack the car up, grab the wheel and take it to a local tire shop. Thankfully we found one open on a Sunday and they were able to patch it up so I was able to get my runs in today. The size of the bolt that found its way into the tire was quite impressive.

Flat causing bolt - 4-29-2018
I drove the car yesterday just fine so I must've somehow picked it up near my garage since it definitely wasn't flat when I was done driving. It was stuffed in there pretty good so it ended up being a slow leak but was bad enough for the tire to have no pressure at all in the morning.  As for the event itself. I always have fun autocrossing but man am I really slow. If I keep up this rate of decline in my driving I might as well pick up knitting as a hobby instead. Didn't help of course that the clouds blocked the sun and the constant wind kept cooling my tires so I never got any kind of grip that gave me confidence. Not going to blame the tire though. I didn't string the corners together smoothly enough to extract the most time. Oh well, there's always a next time. You can't ever be unhappy driving an S2000 so that's always a big positive.

Steguis - NNJR SCCA - 4-29-2018