Sunday, June 25, 2017

Fixing alignment

I finally got a chance to go to SJF Performance after installing my Alcantara wrapped OEM steering wheel last month. Despite several attempts I never was able to get the wheel perfectly centered so I wanted an alignment to re-center it. I also wanted to see if something had slipped in the alignment causing the strange oversteering issues at the last event.


Up on the alignment rack - SJF Performance- 6/25/2017
Turns out that the rear toe seems to have slipped and I had a bit of toe out in the driver side rear. The camber hadn't changed much though which is good. I suspect I can thank NYC streets for the slippage. SJF quickly put it back to what I wanted but this time I opted to try a bit of toe out up front to help with turn in. Nothing big, but something similar to what we did with Bumblestook earlier in the week.

Alignment complete - SJF Performance - 6/25/2017
The new alignment numbers are:

Front: 
-3.3 camber
5.5 caster
0.02in total toe out

Rear:
-2.3 camber
0.12in total toe in (1/8")

I then took her for a nice drive through some twisty roads in Northern NJ and she felt amazing again. Hopefully I'll get to take her to an autox soon despite our limited schedule.

Sunrise Mountain Overlook - 6/25/2017