Sunday, April 26, 2015

Final practice before NJ ProSolo - Bumblestook showing her stinger

Yesterday we got the car all sorted and I put the tune and suspension settings back to where it was from when I won the DC ProSolo last year. Today's shake down was among 178 other drivers, many of whom were traveling to NJ to get their cars set up for the Pro as well. This time I decided to have a friend, Hez, hop in as my codriver. I've always knows him to be a smooth driver with lots of potential and boy did he deliver.

Top off and ready to go
NNJR SCCA Autox - 4-26-2015


Hez getting amped for his first run
NNJR SCCA Autox - 4-26-2015

Not only was Bumblestook showing perfect form today but with very little effort we were putting down some very competitive times. All this despite running on old 100+ run tires and being down on power by running pump 93 instead of C85 ethanol. We did a low fuel run and finally discovered the infamous fuel starve S2k issue at 4 bars of fuel. I'm going to have to make sure we're running at least half tank for all future events. I guess I was just lucky all these years to never encounter it. Hez put down this flyer run (see video below) which would've been good for 2nd place in PAX but it was incorrectly recorded as DNF. He did this even though he fuel starved mid-run so a top PAX finish was well within Bumblestook's capacity. Unfortunately for my runs, I just kept hitting cones and when I did clean it up, I think I started overdriving to compensate and just kept getting slower with every run. It doesn't matter though. Today brought the fun back to autocrossing and it was incredible to see Bumblestook show her stinger and put a shocker in some really good drivers. Two weeks left before the ProSolo...can't wait!

Hez's fast run
NNJR SCCA Autocross - 4/26/2015

My fast run (dirty)
Longer than usual to include some funny banter before and after the run
NNJR SCCA Autocross - 4/26/2015