Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Compliance Bushing and Recaros

The day after getting all the cooling stuff installed, I headed over to see Billman to install the new Mugen compliance bushings in the front lower control arms. I had been feeling something weird up front and sure enough when he unbolted the control arm, the old compliance bushing just fell out.

Torn 10 year old compliance bushing -  2/25/2012
Nothing to fear of course because I had already purchased new compliance bushings which strangely Honda doesn't sell separately so I had to get Mugen ones which actually have the exact same OEM stamping on them but it supposed to be made of a harder rubber. They got pressed in and I was good to go. The bolt was seized to so that had to be sawed off and was replaced with a new bolt and anti-seized to death.

Mugen compliance bushing pressed in - 2/25/2012
New Mugen Compliance bushing installed - 2/25/2012
The next day, it was grilling / hanging out / tech meet time at 234. The weather was great for February so I took the opportunity to install the Recaro Pole Positions the I finally was able to get a hold of after my failed attempt to acquire them the previous year. These seats are so comfortable and just fit perfect inside the S2000. It doesn't even block the glove box or hit the door panel.

Received the Recaro Pole Position seats - 2/9/2012
Recaro Pole Position installed - 2/26/2012
Recaro Pole Position installed - 2/26/2012
Recaro Pole Position installed - 2/26/2012