Saturday, January 27, 2024

David Honl Cargo Cover

When I was driving the 944 back from Florida, I really hated that the entire cargo area was exposed and visible through the glass. I did use the car cover the PO gave me as a sort of cover but it was very obvious I had stuff like luggage back there and that made me very uncomfortable. You can't really buy the OEM car cover anymore. You can try to find a used one that will likely need replacement cloth or other repairs. David Honl makes a replacement cargo cover that is made of a better material that won't sag, mounts to the OEM mount points, and doesn't have a retracting mechanism to break.It doesn't cover every inch of the cargo area but it's good enough to add quite a bit of much needed privacy without having to resort to tinting the rear glass.