Saturday, May 14, 2022

Last Autocross For A Few Months

I was still a bit tired from yesterday's track day but today was the last autocross at NNJR for at least a few months since I'm not running the SCCA ProSolo next weekend. The weather looked like it was going to hold so I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

NNJR SCCA - Metlife Stadium - 5-14-2022

This time I set the tire pressures to the correct pressures based on previous notes of 27psi all around and I was really enjoying the grip and balance. The course was a bit technical but still fast. Gave a few folks a ride along which was also fun (aka Enabling 101). Ironically I set my fastest time with Jenna Farkas in the car. Having issues with one of my GoPros randomly dropping frames so this combined video looks weird even though they start in sync but it is what it is. Had an absolute blast and I'm definitely glad I signed up for today's event.

NNJR SCCA - 5-14-2022
Taking Jenna for a ride

I have a new set of Bridgestone RE-71RS tires on order so I'm looking forward to seeing how those will stack up against the A052s. I know it's supposed to have a bit less grip but I'll be going from a 235/265 to a 255/275 in hopes of getting better stopping distances which is something I definitely notice when I hop back into the Cayman from the S2000 which runs 255 square.