Saturday, August 20, 2022

Autocross with NNJR SCCA - 8/20/2022

After a 3-month hiatus I finally got back to doing an autocross. I ordered some new Bridgestone Potenza RE-71RS tires so this is also the last event I'll be running the Yokohama Advan A052s. While I suspect the Yoks will still have the edge in terms of overall peak grip for any given tire size, the REs come in more tire sizes so I'll be trying some wider tires to see if I can get better traction overall. 

NNJR SCCA Autocross - 8-20-2022
Photo by: Perry Aidelbaum

It was was a fun, fast course but with the temperature as high as it was I was struggling to keep the tires cool (I'm too lazy to bring a tire sprayer nowadays). Still though, I had a blast and my itch to do more events has returned. 

NNJR SCCA Autocross - 8-20-2022