Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Oil and Plugs for the GTi

I've been so busy the past few months I've almost neglected to be on time with my GTi maintenance. Nothing crazy, but the oil was in there 1000 miles more than I usually let it sit so I finally took care of it this weekend. It was also the first real car work I did in the new garage.

Oil change time - 8-15-2021

Really just needed a good oil change and new coil pack since I was started to get a bit of a rough idle especially when cold. I'm trying out these APR coils to replace the RS3 coils that I had there for the past, almost 20K miles. Car runs super smoothly right now so I guess it's happy with the changes.

APR Coils

APR coils installed

Finally, I'm really happy with Penntek polyaspartic coating on the garage floor. Got a bit of oil on the ground while draining the oil and a quick wipe with a paper towel and it was spotless again. It's definitely going to help keep the garage nice and clean.

Maintenance Update:

Mileage: 70,825

- 4 new APR ignition coils
- New Mann oil filter and drain plug
- 6 quarts Liqui Moly 5W-40 Molygen