Saturday, January 12, 2019

Harness Bar

One of the most crucial things I feel that makes a big difference for any performance driving is being able to use your hands for steering only and not for holding yourself in place. Good seats will do that, and something is on its way, but for now, I wanted to install the DMC harness bar I picked up used online. I was lucky enough that the previous owner had the same interior color as me so he sent me over pre-cut trim panels so I wouldn't have to cut any holes in my original ones. This fulfills my main criteria that anything done on the car needs to be reversible. 

DMC Harness bar installed - 1-12-2019
It's held on nicely with bolts attaching to where the stock seat belts mount up to as well as in the middle where the stock "grab handle" (I have no idea what the piece is called) bolts down to so it's really secured nicely.

DMC harness bar with camera mount - 1-12-2019
The bar is also the perfect diameter to clamp the RAM Mounts small tough claw for the GoPro too. The stock bar that used to be there was a bit narrow and made the camp not work as well as I'd like.

DMC Harness bar installed - 1-12-2019
Overall it was a really simple job once you get the holes lined up which was a bit difficult since there's no play whatsoever (a good thing). I'm still waiting on a few parts so the build is at a bit of a stand still but any progress is good progress in my book.